Birth Parent Letter

Dear Birth Parents,
We truly feel that the Lord has a plan for all of us. And regardless of whether or not we are the adoptive parents you choose for your child, we have confidence in knowing that whichever couple you choose, you will know that your child will be loved deeply throughout his or her life, and that you will find a loving home that is best for your child, and the adoptive family.  
When I think of you reading this, I have three wishes. I wish for your happiness, health and hope. Happiness: My experience with cancer showed me that life doesn’t always go how I would have wanted it to go. However, I do have control of how I approach my life and my attitude. I strive for happiness in the days I am given. I wish for your desire to find joy and happiness in your situation. I wish for you find people who are positive and good that can support you and love you and help you be happy. If that means having good conversations or going to funny movies or reading good books, I wish for your happiness. Health: I value good health more than ever. I wish for good health during your pregnancy and that you are well taken care of. I hope that your body can carry the baby, and I recognize that you will have all sorts of days that may be uncomfortable, or tiring, and many nights that are sleepless. Please know that I am wishing for your optimum health during this time. Hope: I wish for your ability to have hope. Hope for your future. Hope in the ability to accomplish the things your heart desires. I wish for your hope in making the right decision for your baby, that you will be giving an opportunity to this child that will allow them to reach their potential all the while being loved for, cared for, and provided for.
Sincerely,
Paige and James

Fight against Cancer started in 2004

Fight against Cancer started in 2004
James and Paige battled Paige's breast cancer together.

Our experience with breast cancer.

We want to be straight forward and honest about why we can not have biological children. Just after our second wedding anniversary I was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 28. The day of my diagnosis, I clearly remember the biggest ache that I felt in my heart was not for me, but rather for the uncertainty of what it would mean for us in our desire to have a family. My cancer is estrogen receptor positive, which basically means that the estrogen hormone causes the cancer to grow. Estrogen levels increase during pregnancy, and it would have been a much more difficult and sensitive treatment if I would have been pregnant at the time of diagnosis. In retrospect we see the blessing of not being pregnant even though at the time that was all we wanted. We were advised by our doctor to put our baby plans on hold. I underwent surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy and I responded great to an anti-estrogen medication. Then after 3 years of no cancer, I talked with my doctor who said that we could try to get pregnant, which was all we wanted…again. I stopped taking the anti-estrogen medication, and after almost a year of not becoming pregnant, we discovered that the cancer had returned. So I am back on medication, and my ovaries were removed to stop most of the production of estrogen. The good news is that I respond well to the medication, and we can treat it so that I can live my day to day life that is minimally impacted by the cancer. My doctor has informed me that I can live for a long time, and that my life is not threatened to be shortened. The big impact has been our desire for a family of our own. We still have the desire for a family of our own; we just need a little extra help.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

We love to travel.

BOSTON:  This is a delicious pastry shop that sold to die for cannoli's.
GERMANY:  With James's Mother at Neushwanstein Castle in Bavaria Germany.
ZION NATIONAL PARK, UTAH:  Hiking to emerald pools.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK:
VENICE ITALY:

No comments:

Post a Comment